This workshop enables participants to understand the practice of a Circle of Support; a group of people who are intentionally invited to come together in friendship of a person with disability for the purpose of achieving their aspirations, goals and safeguarding their interests into the future. Circles of Support can enable: more people in the life of each individual who are not paid to be there, an increase in the number of new and positive roles that people hold, reconnection with family members, expanded social and economic opportunities, an important safeguard for the future and a better life. This is a practical workshop and will use interactive exercises, reflection and discussion! You will learn about:
- Intentions and possible purposes of a Circle of Support,
- The key dimensions for a successful Circle of Support and the practicalities,
- How to recruit, invite and support Circle members,
- How to take the steps to start or strengthen a Circle of Support,
- The possible limitations and how to overcome areas of challenge, and
- How to engage a vision for an inclusive life.
Real life examples of people who have a Circle of Support will also be shared.
For locations and booking details please CLICK HERE
or contact Belonging Matters firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 97398333